PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate GRC – Sustainability Social Specialist
Reference Number: 125-NIG00244
Job type: Permanent
To be part of a team that performs:
- Strategic sustainability advisory projects, with a focus on social risk, return, impact and performance; linked to aspects including stakeholder engagement, community sustainable livelihoods, well-being and gender
- Internal audits in relation to strategic sustainability subject matter (control design and effectiveness)
- Social due diligence review as part of a broader due diligence project
- Support broader Sustainability and Climate Change team with guidance/suggestions on projects in relation to social specialist subject matter.
- Ensuring proper planning and documentation of fieldwork.
- Assist in preparing draft reports
- Identifying weaknesses in procedures, systems and controls.
- Review the effectiveness of social policies and programmes, including the monitoring and evaluation of the programmes.
- Assist in developing strategies, frameworks and responses to social issues and how these connect with sustainability in general.
- Conducting return on social investment and social impact assessments.
- Providing advice on stakeholder engagement approaches and results.
- Assessing and analysing information obtained and interpreting findings.
- Delivering value added services to clients.
- Presenting on internal training.
- Being part of internal teams to evolve and develop this specialist area.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience in aspects of social risk, impact, return and Performance
- Exposure to broader sustainable development strategy and performance within the private sector would be an advantage
- Competencies / Attributes
- Knowledge of Social impact assessment
- Return on Social Investment
- Knowledge of Corporate social investment programme and monitoring
- Knowledge of stakeholder engagement techniques
- Deep knowledge of social risks and strategic responses
- Broad knowledge of sustainable development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate about customer service
- Ability to acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise.
Closing Date: 2nd April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online