First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Team Lead – Control Standards & Monitoring
Ref No: 1900002m
Organization: Chief Financial Officer Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
- Coordinates and supervises activities of control standards and monitoring officers
- Support the development and maintenance of internal control framework, policies and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of the Internal Control Framework and Fraud Risk Management Framework in the bank
- Assists in the review of annual internal control plans and strategies.
- Support the bankwide COSO adoption exercise led by Head, CTS and follow up with all stakeholder departments to ensure their compliance
- Coordinates the reviews and updates of test plans in control review template to ensure changes made to head Office/branch processes and controls are reflected in the current procedure.
- Review the Risk Rating of branches, Head Office and Subsidiaries to determine frequency of reviews and areas of focus for Control Officers
- Arranges and facilitates stakeholder engagements for process control changes and enhancements to ensure acceptance of changes and finetuning of requirements
- Maintains uniform standard on controls and control documentation across branches and Head Office departments.
- Support the Head CTS in change management efforts for control enhancements
- Develop communication materials in respect of process changes and control enhancement to notify stakeholders within the bank
- Perform controls reviews to determine relevance of controls and identify redundancies within the Bank.
- Track periodic SOP review and update activities to ensure documentation of all process controls in the bank’s systems, processes and products
- Reviews exceptions noted per branch/cluster/regions/departments to determine effectiveness of controls and need for control enhancements.
- Periodically engage RCMs/CCMs to determine specific issues faced during control reviews
- Identify causative factors of control breaches with a view to recommending permanent solution that will forestall re-occurrence.
- Arrange and facilitate stakeholders engagement to determine effective resolution for issues identified.
- Document remediation plan with stakeholders’ concurrence
- Monitor remediation phases of deficiencies to ensure resolution and time frame is adhered to.
- Supervise walkthrough of remediated processes (post remediation).
- Review of remediated controls and ensure prompt update of all relevant processes and controls
- Develop and review control review templates for departments assigned by Head CTS
- Coordinate the conduct of control awareness programmes for Control Officers to ensure standardization of control and monitoring activities and reduce knowledge gap among control officers in different teams
- Coordinate the conduct of control awareness programmes for all bank and subsidiaries’ staff and processors to improve control consciousness
- Supervise quality assurance review of control officers’ uploads from review visitations and validate quality and timeliness scores
- Support Head, CTS in reviewing product papers and recommending for approval after ensuring adequate control are instituted in the bank and subsidiaries’ various products and processes
- Assist Head, CTS in periodic risk rating of branches, Head Office departments, strategic resource functions and the bank’s processes to ensure adequacy of control reviews, visitation, and resource allocation.
- Draft communication to stakeholders affected by internal control changes and obtain approval to disseminate
- Support the Operational Risk Dept in periodic risk assessment exercise for all departments and functions and in the maintenance of risk and control library and risk register
- Supervise quality assurance review, collation and reporting of Control Compliance Rating Scores, Operational Risk Rating and other scorecard inputs and obtain Head, CTS’s approval before submission to BPM.
- Determine timeliness and quality of control officers’ report uploads in line with methodology approved by Head, CTS
- Oversee the operations of the Internal Control Helpdesk and ensure timely resolution of service request.
- Provide the relevant data and support for Head CTS in the risk-based assignment of control officers to oversight areas
- Minimum Education: B.Sc/HND in any relevant discipline (Accounting, Economics and any other related field)
- ICAN/ACCA/CISA qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum experience – Ten years relevant working experience
Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online