Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CR5 programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CR5 works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CR5 operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Position Title: Temporary Program Manager, USAID Feed the Future Nigeria livelihoods Project
Duration: 6 Months
Reports To: Technical Program Director
CRS/Nigeria is seeking a short-term Program Manager (PM) who will ensure high quality implementation of governance system with 7 local government councils as well as case management model and conditional cash transfer programming for the USAID funded Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods project. This component provides a case-by-case support to project beneficiaries to improve their decision making process, income and participation in the local economy. The PM will support a systematic organizational capacity strengthening and effective implementation of organization development plans for local government council. The PM will lead a process of participatory budgeting and governance supporting village development committees and ward development committees to participate in the development of local economic development plans at the local government level. The PM will report to the Technical Program Director and maintain close liaison with the M&E Director and other Technical Leads. The PM, in addition to working with implementing C50s will work closely with the Federation of Muslim Women of Nigeria (FOMWAN) and the project LGA caseworkers and desk officers to ensure quality program delivery. The PM, with support from Technical Program Director, will
support and advise the local governments in in developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for strengthening local governance systems to be more responsive to communities’ needs and priorities.
- Work with CSOs and caseworkers to supports trainings of community volunteers (liaisons and liaison
supervisors) on livelihood planning process.
- Monitor the implementation of the caseworker management process including household visits at the
community level and tracking of progress of amongst households.
- Develop a systematic organizational capacity strengthening for 7 LGAs, while increasing the voice of
citizens to participate in local economic planning
- Play an active and effective role in the design and implementation of organizational development plans
(OOPs) and priorities in relation to local government systems, strategic planning, social sector development and financial and corporate management and responsibilities.
- In collaboration with LGA council, identity key activities for the project to undertake to advance women’s
participation in service delivery, decision making or building the skills and competencies of LGA officials
to conduct their work in a more gender sensitive and socially inclusive way
- Building the capacity of village and ward development committees (VDCs/WDCs), community women
and youths to articulate their local economic development (LED) plan and productively engage in service
delivery decision making. This would demand designing capacity building activities and advocacy
- Provide support and advisory services relating to governance processes, institutional strengthening, and
engagement of local government systems
- Supports local government councils in the development and delivery of its action plan based on the
organizational capacity assessment report
- Develops and leads the implementation of an overarching strategy for strengthening local governance
systems for the design and implementation of social sector development priorities as relevant to
- Provides support and advice to the development and implementation of specific projects, work plans
and interventions on appropriate governance
- Support CSO partners to implement appropriate Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) designed program
- With support from Technical Program Director and M&E team, collaborate with CSO partners to develop
and implement appropriate monitoring systems and tools for Market/Cash Transfer Programs.
- Support the development of quality scopes of work for technical assistance, training
- Work with the M&E director to identify and implement appropriate ICT4D solutions to improve
timeliness and quality of M&E and project implementation
- Support CSO and local government development of capacity in the framework of project to implement
appropriate cash transfer programming, including developing/identifying training tools for tracking
progress at the level of beneficiaries
- Willingness and ability to travel at least SO% of time
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Social Sciences, International Development or related field.
- At least 5 years of working experience in governance, development or food security program context including focus on programming in cash transfer and livelihoods.
- Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions and guidelines, including proposal formats and reporting requirements.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality and gender responsiveness in programming and operations.
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
- Demonstrate strong competency in government engagement and ability to apply governance skills in sustainable service delivery and social sector development
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word,
- Excel and Outlook required
Method of Application
Interested candidates should download the application form using this link http://goo.gl/8OOQcp and send with a detailed resume as attached MS word documents to NG_HR@global.crs.org.
Completed applications should reach us before 5pm, Monday 8th of April, 2015. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“CRS is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of commitment to protection
“CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation”.
Closing Date: 08/04/2015