The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible for the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University. By Virtue of this position, the Bursar should be able to co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget as well as the periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates of the University. The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets among other schedules. The Bursar must ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the University financial statements and management accounts for internal and external audit.
This Officer is expected to provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the Institution’s financial transactions.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life, and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
The candidate must possess a good honours degree in Accounting or related field from recognized University. In addition, he must be a member of at least one of the underlisted professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN), or England and Wales, or Scotland, or Ireland.
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants.
- Institute of Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA)
- The candidate must normally not be currently lower than the rank of Deputy Bursar and must have at least 12 years post qualification cognate experience, seven of which must have been spent in a University.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Bursar shall hold office for five years in the first instance. The remuneration
and other conditions of service shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities.
Method of Application
(a) Candidates are required to submit 30 type-written copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
- Full names with surname in capitals
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal Address/Telephone Noes)
- E-mail Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number of children with names and ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience: General and Specific Experience (with dates)
- Details of Administrative experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications in details
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of 3 referees (two of whom must be a Professional or an authority in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, confidential Reports on the applicant indicating the post desired.
All applications are to be submitted marked Post of the Bursar at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope.
All applications are to be addressed to the Registrar, Ajayi Crowther University, P.M.B. 1066, Oyo, Oyo State, Nigeria to reach her within six weeks of this advertisement.
Dr. Mrs. Josephine Oyebanji
Registrar &. Secretary to Council
Closing Date: 28/04/2015