The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
The ICRC delegation in Abuja is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate with the capacity to
work independently to fill in the position below:
WatHab Engineer in Detention (Water and Habitation Engineer)
- Assists the responsible WatHab delegate in the identification, preparation, and implementation of
water, sanitation and construction projects in detention places.
- Independently organises and conducts field trips to detention places all over Niger
Collects, analyses and reports information on the water, habitat and hygiene in ‘the places of
detention to the WatHab delegate.
- Elaborates projects proposals and contract documents, including drawings (CAD, Sketch-up or
similar software), descriptions, bills of quantity, cost estimation, implementation planning, tendering,
- Supervises and follows-up the implementation of projects in close contact with contractors.
Establishes comprehensive technical reports on completed WatHab projects.
- Skilled in the following competencies: adapting & learning; team work, planning, organization &
assessment; analysis & synthesis; responsibility & autonomy.
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors/authorities at local level mainly independentl
- Elaborates oral and written reporting on activit
- Performs as translator between the Delegate and local interlocutors if needed.
Supports other Water and Habitat projects upon req
- University degree (Civil Engineering or HND resource Engineer).
- Experience in hydrogeology or hydraulics is an asset.
- Knowledge of Water and Sanitation technologies.
- Experience in assessing, designing and preparing cost-estimates of buildings and metal structure
- Able and ready to work in detention places.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Good command of Hausa language is an asset.
Very good analytical and computer skills.
- Good expertise on AUTOCAD or similar software
- Good knowledge of the geographical assigned area.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of
certificates/diploma, references) to the following address, not later than 24. February 2015
31 Pope John Paull II Street
Please clearly indicate “WatHab Engineer in Detention” on your envelope
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only well addressed complete files matching with the profile will be considered.
Closing Date: 24/02/15