- To carry out the technical design and put together a programme to intervene in a wells assigned to him in line with set objectives and company approved operational practices and procedures.
- To monitor the progress or work and to give real-time advice on operations and other matters affecting the performance of his unit
- Demonstrate a high commitment to HSE thereby actively promoting and contributing to Goal Zero, 12 life Saving Rules, DROPS and use or Safety Tools (STOP, TRIC, PTW).
- Ensure that wellhead maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with the company HSEMS and HSE policies and standards.
- Maintain well integrity for the asset by planning, designing and executing routine well integrity maintenance in line with current
approved company standards and procedures.
- Ensures that all resultant corrective maintenance activities are carried out in line company standards and procedures
- Supervises CWI workshop, including testing maintenance and storage of Company equipment and materials.
- Monitors the progress of work on his units and relates critical issues to the Senior Well Intervention Engineer for resolution and directives.
- Organizes the Logistics/expedites materials and equipment to the unit.
- Prepares economic analysis for decision making in a problem well.
- Liaises with service contractors to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts
- Drive the full implementation of the rDTL (revitalised Delivering the Limit) process during well intervention activities, thus optimising the operational and technical performance of the units and contractors under his custody.
- Visits services companies and contractors to discuss and source equipment and services related to his job.
- Keeps-abreast with new technology and Well Engineering software for well intervention
13, Participates in Improvement Projects.
- Collates and prepares data for the review of completed wells
- Promotes inclusion of relevant new technology procedures and equipment in well activities
- Provides feedback in the R&D trial and improvement loop of new technology
- Comply with relevant systems and procedures for executing CWI activities in the Wells organisation e.g. SAP, eWIMS, eWCAT etc.
- Monitor the HSE, operational, commercial and technical performance of the units and contractors under his control, measure the quality of the products and services and formulate routes for improvement
- Participate in functional activities in the domain of quality management, cost control and improvement initiatives, co-ordinate the well site application or new technology and innovative operating methods and provide reliable data for further optimisation
- Actively participate in and support the practical and theoretical coaching and training of national
- The incumbent will have exposure to a wide range of well intervention activities which Will enhance his professional skills portfolio.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A professional engineer in possession of a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Well Intervention Engineering with 2 years as a Field Supervisor,
- Good supervisory skills, with sound knowledge of well control techniques and well intervention operations practices
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills with PC fluency and familiarity with well intervention engineering software .
- Proficient in English language, both in speech and in writing
- Possession of the Shell Round 1, Round 2 an advantage, Valid IWCF certificates.
Method of Application
Candidates are advised to use the position they are applying for as the subject matter of their application. Application should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 19/02/2015