- To manage the company’s Workover Operations on the Rig site as single point responsible person
- To manage the supply of Well Engineering materials and services in the Workover Rig site for cost effective project delivery
- To manage the Health, Safety, Environmental, Security and Community issues on the Workover Rig site.
- Demonstrate a high commitment to HSE
- Manage the Workover rig contract to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Support the process for technical challenge and evaluation of workover well concepts and delivery
- Verify that assigned wells have gone through the required Quality Assurance process before commencement of operations.
- Deliver wells on budget, on schedule and to the quality standards specified in the well proposal
- Manage the interface with Field Subsurface and Operations Team
- Coordinate service contractors to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts
- Liaise with the Community Relation Officers to work out strategies with the host communities to minimize disruption in Workover operations.
- Manage the progress of work on Workover activities assigned to his Rig.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A graduate degree in engineering or physical Science, with a minimum of 15 years oil and gas drilling and completion experience, 5 of which must be in the rig site as a Drilling Supervisor. Must possess some professional Drilling certificates (e.g. Shell R1 & R2, IWCF or equivalent Experience in subsurface engineering is an Advantage.
- Leadership: Strong leadership position in E & P Company, excellent influencing skills and ability to forge strong relationships at various levels, proven ability to lead and inspire cross-discipline groups, commitment to technical leadership and ability to lead skills pool staff working under different asset teams.
- Technical Skills: Experienced Well Engineer in E & P Company global exposure an advantage, deep understanding of the workflow linking the relevant disciplines to generate the ‘Right’ wells and optimum field development plan
- Commercial skills: Strong management skills with deep knowledge of Contracting P Strategic Cost Leadership skills, with deep understanding of commercial implications of emerging ways of working techniques and technologies In Well Engineering discipline.
- People Development Skills: Respected technical mentor with excellent coaching abilities, and with a proven track record of commitment to people development. He/she will have demonstrated respect for people. This person would be a top choice amongst the majority of peers, an excellent networker.
Method of Application
Candidates are advised to use the position they are applying for as the subject matter of their application. Application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 19/02/2015